Sunday, March 06, 2005

I've made some time, sleeping where I fall

Remember me now cause things always change...

Finally I can sit down I write something, as I write this very words, 712 students from 80 countries are staying with me in the south of Turkey, I've been in Paris (merci pour tout Pauline, tu ne sais pas combien tu nous as aide :) tu es toujurs benvenue en Mexique, mais tu le sais deja...), in the outsides of this beautiful city, I drunk champaigne and the day before I didn't eat anything at all, I've walked 18 kilometers in a day across Paris, seen snowing in the roofs of the 14eme du Paris, climbed the Eiffel Tower...

Then is when it gets tricky, I've been 2 minutes close to lose my flight from Paris to Madrid, re encounter my greats friends in Madrid, spent a night in the Airport with them, travel to Amsterdam, being told by the Mexican Embassy to decline going to Turkey because we didn't had the visa, then having no trouble with the foreign affairs ministry in Turkey (except paying 100 USD).... And then the real adventure begins....

Finding my very dear italian friends in Istanbul airport (and also our norwegian colleague in the same flight from us in Amsterdam, which is funny since she was in the same train when we went to Macedonia and is just coincidence), we found just by chance our other Mexican delegate in Istanbul, ohh because he lost his luggage just like me... (or better said the airline lost our luggage)

So we took on the trip organized by the Turkey Local Commitee, with the Maltese, Italian, Panamese (i know this is wrong...), Norwegian and Serbian people.. we travelled 11 hours trough the mountains of Turkey with a lot of snow and stopping in every little town we could... then arriving to our Meeting, having a lot of fun

Also I've seen old friends from last meetings, and some miracles like Israel delegation hugging the Palestinians (impossible in the real world, and I will speak a little more about this in a next post), we've been in Kemer, Antalya and Kisir, we've been confused with Spanish, Italian and of course Turkey people, we drunk a lot of apple tea (veeery good) and we also did a lot of work

So today I'm planning my return in Mexico and as always things are going to solve up....


Ohh... and of course I became 20 years old yesterday....

If someone had ever told me the events surrounding the date of my twenthiest birthday will be like this... I would have laugh...


wouldn't you?

3 comments:

F. Dwarf said...

Me da gusto que estés bien, carnal. Avisa cuando llegues cabrón, que el Hector ya debe andar por acá también. Hay que hacer una carne asada o algo (aunque para esta fecha al Hector ya lo han de haber atragantado de carne asada) Diviértete!

rg said...

pues, felicidades muy atrasadas. Suena bastante irreal la historia, pero chido que te haya tocado cumplir los 20 a esa edad.

rg said...

*en esas circunstancias... (d'oh)

jajaja, se nota que ando en la pendeja.